Feeling Fine This Fall


We have Homeroom this year, and while I had my reservations, as most of us did, I’m really enjoying my time with this crew. They’ve taken to having little Q & A sessions, with topics ranging from pop culture to (likely unintentionally) deep philosophical inquiries. Most recently, they asked if I preferred summer or the school year.  

Each spring, when contacts come out, I ask myself that very question. I struggle with it all summer and much of the early part of the school year. Am I where I’m supposed to be at this moment? Should I be with my own children? Am I good enough, present enough, effective enough in the classroom? At home? 


This past weekend was a beautiful reminder  that I need both my classroom and my chaotic, sleep-deprived home. I have met so many wonderful humans as an educator, and I get to share my own wonder humans with some of them. I am right where I am supposed to be. 


H and I had a blast on our mini girls getaway to Appleton. We swam, made art, stayed up late, had ‘’only girls’’ meals, and cheered for one of our faves.  

 






And Sunday, we cheered some more! The four of us shook our cow bells and clapped our hearts out for our favorite UCI Cyclo-Cross World Cup competitors. It was a gorgeous day in Waterloo with plenty of bikes, fries, and fresh air (and time at the secret beer garden). 


















The weekend was y I wanted, needed, live for.  So, to answer that Homeroom question: It’s both. I like summer and the school year. I choose both. Life is so, so good! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone