Missing You, Nickie

Two years of loss. Two years of pain. Two years of trying to understand why. Two years without you. 

A trip past the WAC or a random song, usually from a workout, can still shake me to my core, can still bring me to tears. The right shade of pink nail polish reminds me of you.  I regularly think how unfair it all is. I wish I would have told you just how much you mean to me, how much I owe you. Some of our last workouts together were during very dark days. Our personal training sessions were often the only times I found light in that darkness. You took care of me. You took care of everyone! If only we could have taken care of you,  saved you! 

On days like today, though, I remind myself that I am lucky. The pain I feel over your loss, deep as it is, comes only because our paths crossed. And I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. 

Rest easy, Nickie! Love you always! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone