B1G Things


 I intended to call this post B1G Fun, but then….well, you’ll see. 


The past week was an adventurous one:


  • We sold my Highlander one night.
    • Downside: I left work immediately to make it to our appointment at carmax, was told I wouldn’t be needed for signatures, left to get the babies and feed them dinner, got called back about 10 minutes later. Maybe worth the back-and-forth for the purchase price?! 
  • We picked up my brand-spankin’ new (only 6 miles on the odometer), limited edition package, adventure/mom van the next evening. 
    • Downside: I only drove it twice — more to come on that. 


  • We participated in Trunk or Treat (yay, non-service day!!) at H’s school Friday morning. I got to pick H up from school, and we had lunch and a little Mama-H afternoon.
    • Downside: JK4 kiddos are germy, and H definitely picked up a bug. Just before bed, she coughed a few times and then looked to us and asked, “Why did I spit up?” I’ll spare you the details, but there was much laundry to be done. We made plans to cancel our plans for the next day, but H recovered and sent us on our way. We needed naps! It was 8am. 
Trunk (frunk) or treat 

H dressed as her favorite, cyclocross World Champ, Lucinda Brand 🚴🏻‍♀️

  • We headed to Madison for the Homecoming game and an evening away.
    • Downside: There is NO downside. It’s Madison. It’s home. The Badgers won. We went on a dinner date. We people watched (hello, Halloween in MadTown). We went for a run. We had adult conversation. 


I ❤️ B1G 10 FOOTBALL




But there is that one pesky downside to get back to, the one that turned B1G Fun into B1G Adulting. That’s the one where I was rear-ended in our brand new van.  

And got whiplash and a concussion. And don’t get to drive my van. And need to sleep but can’t because accidents are scary, and they stay with you even when you’re reminded - and know - you’re lucky you weren’t injured. And you feel so grateful your babies weren’t with you, but you also hurt and can’t be fully present with your babies. And you have a million things to sort out like rental cars, rides, new car seats, invoices, doctor visits, claims….ahhh! I really hope I get to enjoy that new van smell soon! 


The opposite of that saying, “It looks worse than it is.” 
It is much worse than it looks 😢


So, like I said, life is full of B1G things. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone