The True Force of May 4th...

... is my dad, Deputy Chief David B. Unti! 


When my brother and I were very young, when we had settled into what would become our childhood home, my dad made a decision.  No, he made a sacrifice, the most selfless one a person can make.  He chose to become both a firefighter and an EMT.  

He spent countless hours - after his full time job was complete and he had made time for his family - studying to be the very best at the very bravest of undertakings.  And for more than 25 years, he has given his time, his energy, his heart to the Mukwonago Fire Department. 

I watched him function on barely two hours of sleep; I watched him carry on after devastating calls; I've watched him advance his skills and his rank; I've watched him model selflessness and courage each and every day. 


So when people jokingly say, May the Fourth [Force] be with you, I call on you to think about International Firefighters' Day -- those fine people, my dad included, are truly a FORCE! 


Love you, Dad!  I am so proud of you and so honored to be your daughter! 💛


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone