Book Club



This month's Reading Between the Wines selection was The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon.  It seemed to have a lot going for it when this Dateline and Forensic Files fan picked it up.  Murder, mystery, the beautiful expanse of the Alaskan wilderness. And for some, it may deliver.  For others -- that'd be me!! -- it doesn't quite measure up. 

Though the book - for most of us - may have been a bust, Book Club itself was anything but.  I was really excited (and a bit nervous) host our March meeting. 

We don't exist on Google Maps, so I had to share directions.  My gosh, I didn't want to lead my fellow readers astray -- or into Wales or Jefferson! Relief #1: I was told my directions were usable. 

We haven't hosted a gathering since our new furniture arrived, and I wasn't sure if I should plan for us to chat in the sun room, in the great room, or...where? where? where? It turns out that the ol' saying is true, and the kitchen is the heart of the home.  Relief #2: We gathered around the island (Hello, Amy...of course people want to gather around the the wine and snacks! Isn't that where you want to be?!) and seats were of no issue.

Since all of us in attendance fell into one of two categories [1. Didn't read the book, or 2. Didn't finish the book], we had plenty of time to talk about everything from Amazon Prime orders  to the highs and lows of wedding planning. And talk and laugh we did!

Post Book Club and pre return of BR and H, I snuck in a bit of cozying up on the couch time (to finish the book...finally!). I'd call that a pretty good Thursday! Thanks for letting me host this month, Book Club crew! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone