A SPECIAL Weekend

Despite 10+ days of germs (some form of some of the many flu bugs attacking this winter), we made it to the UP last weekend, and I'm oh-so glad we did.  

The purpose of our trek north was to watch my cousin Darrina play in the Special Olympics Tournament, but the weekend turned out to be so much more! 

Darrina and her team did so well, and their coach, my uncle Terry,  is awesome! I thoroughly enjoy basketball, and I really enjoyed talkin' shop with H.  She tells me she plans to play basketball, soccer, drive a garbage truck, and play the ukulele.  She's got big plans, that little one!


Coach Terry talking with his team

Nice defense, Darrina!


 After the team's two games, we headed back to my aunt and uncle's house, where our next two days were filled with lots of laughs and family time.  I got to see my brother, my grandpa, a few of my cousins, and their tiny humans, too.  H was especially excited to play with Baby Sabella, who she talks about every day.  And when her cousins Tucker and Raegan arrived, she didn't know what to do with herself.  Watching the little ones play together was lots of fun and a great reminder of how much fun we cousins had - and trouble we got into - when we were younger.

Good news: H could pick me out in this photo

Just before we left, H told me she would be staying with Aunt Darnece (and Uncle Terry) in Michigan.  Who can blame her, really, considering all the fun Aunt Darnece created for her?! I did manage to convince her to join me in the car and head back to her new house, but talk has continued [every day, in fact] of the next time she can go to Michigan...daily play-by-plays of her time with her cousins is now part of our new normal, and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Arts and crafts with Aunt Darnece

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone