Wonderful Winter Weekend

What’s better than walking through a winter wonderland? Walking through it with your book club to see another book clubber own the stage!

My coworker, Stacy, was the lead in the premier of Mars Lost at Lake Country Playhouse in Hartland. She wasn’t kidding when she said she was 95% of the show; I’m not kidding when I say Angela -  Stacy :) - is 100% amazing. We all wanted to surprises Stacy but were sure we gave ourselves away when we lol’d at her book club jab. We actually blew our cover and surely made our presence known when we got to hoot and holler for her from the back row - standing ovation totally deserved.




Our lunch and theatre outing was a great follow-up to a four generations day Saturday. My grandma came by to see our newly furnished house., and after an HQ-led tour and some play time (nothing tops watching my grandma and her daughter in the floor reading and imagining with my daughter), we were off to lunch. Then it was home furnishing shopping time - shopping I enjoy. 

It’s a time of transition and change for my grandma and her kids; anything I can do to distract, support, give back, I’ll do, and it felt good to have a chance to do that for two women who do and have done so much to lift up and love others, and it was especially good to do that with the tiny little woman I’m raising by my side.


Despite the fact that we weren’t skiing in Utah with BR, H and I had a wonderful winter weekend...and one of us is especially excited about trekking through the snow these next several days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone