Yeah, We’re Half Way There [To Summer Break]

It was exam week last week, and that meant it was time to wrap up the first half of the 2019-2020 school year, my 13th year doing this whole eduction thing. I’ve always been the coolest type of nerd, the one who loves a new set of pens and notebooks [and still uses the subject-specific notebook and folder color scheme I was introduced to in 7th grade}, who maps out - in a as many colors as my newest set of pens allow - the plan for the next chapter of my next adventure.  And this year I’m really excited for the plans I have made...nope...am making...and for the opportunity to take a few risks and tackle a few new strategies and texts.

I like words...

... a lot!

It's almost Black History Month


Doin' work on our PD Day :)

A teacher nerd's work is never done, and neither is a toddler-mom's, so I made it a point to make sure to make for some fun this ‘halfway point in the school year’ weekend, and loads of fun it was. From Friday night’s West vs. Mukwonago basketball game at my alma mater (even if it’s practically unrecognizable now) to Saturday’s Quick on the Draw climbing competition and time with my parents and H, to a Sunday morning workout (which included getting trapped on the stairs when when tried to move the old couch to the basement), the Un-Runn crew filled our time with moments that made us laugh, cry [a few pinched digits and bonked heads while moving the couch downstairs], and sing..cuz dancing on the new furniture to all your favorite tunes isn't just the job of a two year old!






As I look ahead to second semester and life with a soon-to-be-two-and-a-half year old, I plan to make many plans - to be better, to do better, to grow my practices and myself - while I enjoy a second or third cup of chai on my new furniture! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone