Home for the Holidays

It’s true - there’s no place like home for the holidays! Despite our need to go-go-go, to explore and adventure [afar and often with insanely early wake-up calls], we created a most wonderful stay-cation this winter break.

We squeezed in multiple Christmas celebrations. We read, had family play dates, and made time for extra gym visits. And we got in lots and lots of ‘chasing our tiny human all about’ time. We squared away the purchase of my new Mom Ride; we went on a Movie Date; we watched HQ master the alphabet and begin to work on her driving skills (Thanks, Nonno and Baba!), her culinary skills (Thanks, Grandma Sue, Papa, and Aunt Beck!) and her vet skills (Thanks, Unc!); we survived the newly-two-week-break absent of any injury - from gift assembly and rambunctious two-year-old life. We gave and received numerous hugs, thoughtful gifts, and lots of holiday love. It was a beautiful way to end the year and begin the next decade.


Set to be built just for me 1/16/20





Merry Christmas, AJ! Right?! 
My sister gets me!! 

2019, in truth, was rough for me. There was a lot to process, a lot to work through, and more self discovery than I had planned or [over]prepared for. There were trials and tribulations, and not so many triumphs. There was a need to lean on others and to seek and accept help. And while I am happy to start anew in ‘20, this break reminded me of all the good in my life. I needed that. So I’d say our staycation was #worthit 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone