Belated Birthday Weekend

One of my birthday gifts was tickets to see Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Chicago Theater; this is their fifth residency, our third time in attendance, and our ninth (?!!) time to see the amazingly soulful crew!

We boarded a very crowded train Saturday and made our way to the Windy City. It was a lovely ride watching the snow-sprinkled trees and landscape of southeastern Wisconsin. Since we had to find seats in separate cars, Brian didn’t get to enjoy my wonderful storytelling - how he passed the time, then, is beyond me. I used the time to finish a book and get a jump on another (they’re piling up on my reading table).

We arrived in Chicago early in the afternoon, so we had some time to enjoy lunch and drinks - bubble water - and one of us even got in a mid afternoon nap (I am not that person).  Then it was off to dinner before the show; this time we enjoyed some real drinks and some really great food. The city was certainly living up to its name - gosh, it was windy - so it was really great that our hotel was directly next to the venue. We left, made it though security, and to our seats in a matter of minutes.

The show was amazing as always. The people watching was exceptional (again, as always), and I danced my way to 10,000+ steps for the day.

Time to relax, have adult conversations, see a great show, trip plan, and catch up on some much-needed sleep  (the cat, not the toddler, has stolen all too much of it lately) were amazing! It was equally great to get home to our wild and curious tiny human.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone