Running Is Fun!

I’ve been a runner for a good portion of my existence, starting around age 12 when I joined my middle school track team. Fun fact: my first memory of BR is a conversation we had at a track practice. A totally is fact: we, the household always dealing with some kind of tweak or injury, we’re discussing a muscle pull. 

Last week, during class intros, I asked if anyone enjoyed running like I did. Very few hands rose through the day. Weirdos, right?! One super funny sophomore made me lol with the response,  “Depends on from what.”  

Over the years, time and other interests got in the way of running, but once I found my way back to it, I’ve been hooked, even when I added a tag-along and a jogging stroller (amen for the BOB). 

Labor Day weekend, I got to do some running with both my sister-in-law and mom-in-law. We did the I Love WI Fun Run. 


Becky and I have done some running together. She’s a running legend - just check our HS record books. This was my first run with Mom Sue, who finishes second in her age group and won a medal! It was a windy yet gorgeously sunny late summer day, great for putting a few miles on the running shoes. 







If you’re one of those anti-running peeps, maybe think about what my student said. If you ever have to run from something, it’d be good to be prepared. 🙂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone