This Week was a Good, Good Week

Ever have one of those weeks where every day is something?  This week was one of those in the best sort of way.

It began Sunday, after Mom, H, and I returned from Florida.  After a family lunch date, Brian and I headed to the house to check on thing.  We have barn doors and trim - progress! - and celebrated the move toward moving in with a trip to Le Ducs (you have to support local businesses, right?!).

Monday was State Fair day for my parents, H, and me.  We enjoyed cranberry treats in the Wisconsin Building, nabbed a few fair favorites (amen for corn in a cup as a certain tiny human wants to do everything herself), and enjoyed plenty of flavored milk.  And to close out the day, my parents and I had an evening out of our own.  We went to see The Lion King.

Tuesday was a day I had long been waiting for, my date night with both of my boyfriends, BR and John Mayer.  We checked into the Brewhouse Inn - such a cool place - and enjoyed cocktails and a great meal before our quick walk to the Fiserv Forum, where drinks and lounge life awaited us.




And our seats were amazing.  I'm pretty sure John Mayer and I made eye contact (okay, so that may be a slight exaggeration, but only a very slight one).  During intermission, we revisited the lounge for another round of complimentary drinks, which seemed like a highlight until JM played one of my favorite songs.





Wednesday morning, after a leisurely start to our day and a delicious breakfast, we headed to Adventure Rock for some climb time, which I was long overdue for.  And then it was home to our tiny human, who turned 23 months old (How is she almost two, and when will time slow down?!). I got the greatest hello-hug but also made it clear that her grandparents are way more fun than her parents...such is life.

Wednesday night was the much needed reinstatement of the personal training trio.  But not to completely overdo it with health and training, our crew went out for Mules and tacos post-workout. We figure our laughs were another round of abs, so really, the tacos (and all the chips and salsa) barely counted.

Thursday morning was Mama and H time - we played all sorts of games and caught bugs until our impromptu lunch date with Nonno, Baba, and my grandma.  I'm so glad that I have the chance to see H with her grandparents and with her three great-grandparents on a regular basis.  It really does my soul good.

And Friday, after a yoga session, my mom and I took H for a hike at Lapham Peak.  The weather was phenomenal, and we had such a wonderful time exploring.  Then, we snuck in a quick lunch before nap time (and work time for me). My dad, done with National Registry EMT certification, surprised his girls when he was able to join us for lunch.




After a brief rest, we headed to dinner to celebrate BR's birthday with his family. It was Friday Night Live in Waukesha, so we ambled about and introduced H to pistachio gelato - guess I’ll be sharing from now on.

Saturday, which begins with yoga whenever I am home, was a great Unti family day as my brother was home. We spent some time outside, and then we got to see my mom's family (and H enjoyed a rice crispy treat the size of her face -- I did not approve that!) as we celebrated our little cousin Silas' 1st birthday.



Breaks during the school year are limited and always involve some kind of work-related task(s), so summertime is precious time, and as it nears the end of Summer 2019, we sure are making the most of our uninterrupted time together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone