Saying Goodbye to Summer 2019

There's no denying it...summer is coming to a close, and I am going from full-time at home mama (or 'Fun Amy' as Brian likes to refer to me) back to eight hours+ of Mrs. Runnells ('Un-Fun Amy?? Gosh, I hope not).


But before I totally succumbed to that reality, I had a bit more summering to do.  I got to practice my intelligent conversation skills (though H surely does have a lot to talk about these days) at Book Club, had a delicious mimosa, and got in a few laughs (what I like to call an abs workout) before the Runnells trio hit the road for Lac du Flambeau.




Once up north, we got right to relaxing.  We were met with much cooler weather than we had anticipated, so swimming was a short lived experiment.  Instead, we went for our first family bike ride. Thanks, BR, for pulling the tiny human. And for encouraging the eager chipmunk to run into your foot mid-rotation.  I surely would have lost control and ridden into the lake in a 'Did I injure the helpless creature?' moment of panic. 

We did some running, hiking, brunching, ice cream eating, and boat riding during the rest of our stay.  







I also got to have a reunion with my now-relocated work bestie, Emily.  Our plan for coffee and a short walk turned into three hours of walking and talking, and it could have continued.  Gosh, it was good for my soul to reconnect!  

All that walking - and all of Bri and H's hiking - made us a hungry crew, so we headed to Minocqua for lunch, and while there decided we'd take any extra time outdoors we could, and extended our stay another 24 hours -- the joys of having wonderful in-laws with a wonderful lake retreat!


What a perfect way to close out summer: Enjoying the simplest of pleasures - sunshine, a cool breeze, and time together. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone