Family Reunion and RAW

While I was competing in the bags tournament, opening my second hard ginger beer (yep, I'm wild), and laughing my way through the various contents of the time capsule we put together for Family Reunion 2000,  my husband, the birthday boy, was riding across Wisconsin - literally.

While we were a few people short of the whole crew, I had an immensely good time Saturday, and relish any opportunity to spend time with my extended family.  I did have to keep my phone on hand, however, to ensure I could check in on BR's progress as he made his way from LaCrosse to Green Bay. Luckily, I made all my check-ins without dropping my phone into the kiddie pool my tiny human made her home for a solid three hours.

It was also good fortune that the family reunion was at my uncle's in Wallace, Michigan; this meant Brian could make the short trek from Green Bay Sunday morning and enjoy a little bit of family time, too.  Selfishly, it meant I got to check in on my adventure buddy sooner. 228 miles of riding in one day is unthinkable to me, but the one thing I know about BR is that he doesn't do anything half way.  When he's in, he's all in, and he sure was with the Ride Across Wisconsin.  His training was not only impressive but inspirational.  And while I don't plan to move into triple-digit rides any time soon - or ever - I can't wait for some good family riding time once HQ gets her own bike.

This weekend was a wonderful way to begin to close out summer - sun, fun, and family!!


Family BINGO was good for many laughs

my favorite RAW rider!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone