Moving and Marriage

The last several days have been jam-packed. Between final packing preparations, moving out, and settling into our new temporary digs, we also had an Unti family wedding to enjoy.

My cousin Josh and his lovely wife, Nicole, threw an amazing party; it was certainly a tough day, as it was the fourth anniversary of my grandma Unti’s passing, but being with nearly all of the Unti crew (and a few of my Jarvis family members, too) made it easier.

It was especially fun to see my Uncle Tom act as the officiant of the ceremony. I have to admit, too, that watching my dad and uncles joke and laugh with (and at) their brother brought a smile to my face. I could just imagine what my grandma would say, and I could so vividly imagine the sound of her laughter (which I know she would have tried her best to stifle...like the rest of us attempted to - we failed). I love watching my parents with their siblings - there are so many glimpses at both untold and often-shared memories; and with my Uncle Paul in the mix yesterday, the stories flowed freely, and we cousins laughed endlessly.


Family is such a lovely gift, and I am blessed with such a fun, funny, and generous one!







And a special thank you to my in-laws for entertaining our sweet HQ while we were out. She had a great time, and I got to enjoy a meal where the only person I had to feed was myself :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone