Celebrating Spring Before Winter Returned

Thanks to my wonderful in-laws, I got to enjoy another side of my hometown and make a lovely little memory with my favorite little human!

Friday, before girls’ night, the Runnells trio went to the farm. Just down the street from where Brian grew up - and not all that far from my childhood home - is a lovely farm with some 200 chickens, cattle, sheep, and the most amazing oak savannah I’ve ever laid my eyes upon.

While my post-4-wheeler ride hair was likely a traumatic sight for my friends at dinnertime,  I am certain I have never had a more enjoyable ride about Mukwonago.

Mr. Holtz might be just about the nicest man I’ve ever met, and he surely owns the most beautiful piece of property in town. We will definitely take him up on his invitation for a return visit — and maybe make ourselves useful (so long as my task doesn’t involve poop!).  I could spend hours walking amongst the trees and along Jericho Creek, and HQ would be happy to spend her days kissing chicks (yep, she insisted on giving them kisses) and perfecting her bird calls while we amble about.





Another fun part of our Friday was checking out progress on the house...we’ve got walls!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone