Date Night

Late nights are a rarity in the Runnells household.  It would be easy to blame that on HQ, but it has much more to do with the hours teachers keep.  News that Tedeschi Trucks Band would be playing in Madison was enough to make me more than happy to delay bedtime.  

This past Monday, Brian and I made the trek west on I-94 to our old stomping grounds, the place where we babies became near-adults and, you know, got engaged...

The poor weather (at least it wasn't snowing?!) meant that we weren't about to venture all over campus and the surrounding area - those days are long gone - so we kept near to the venue, the Overture Center, when we arrived.  We enjoyed wine and great dinner at Cento, and then made our way across the street - literally - to enjoy another evening with Tedeschi Trucks Band.  



The thing about being Brian's partner is that you're surely in for something new - and usually exhausting - with each "So...I was thinking." The first time I heard that in relation to TTB, I figured that a few hours at a concert couldn't be that bad (my experience with Trans Siberian Orchestra not withstanding).  I was immediately hooked.  The concert was amazing and the people watching was beyond words: jean jackets, feathered bangs, patchouli, tie-dye - basically 80's rock meets modern hippie, A-h-mazing! 




The two near-fights we saw (70-year-olds sure do get rowdy) kept us on our toes, and the set list was perhaps the best we'd heard in our eight (whoa!) evenings with TTB.  My favorite band member, Elizabeth, rocked a trombone solo like nobody's business, we heard our favorite song, "Keep on Growing," and I made it to Ixonia before passing out on the drive home - go, me!



What a fantastic date night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone