A Door County Three Day Weekend!


Sure, I have done the ‘back to work after having a baby’ thing, but that did not make this September any easier. And from day one of this school year, I have very much been looking forward to our October break.   

Brian spent the past eight days in places other than our home, so I was tackling tiny human duty solo-ish - HQ has amazing grandparents, who are always willing to offer a hand. Friday, once the Runnells team was back to full strength, we scooped up my mom, and headed to Door County, where my dad joined us - after a few action-packed weeks of his own and a stop at Door Co. Distillery (Thanks for the treat,  Dad!). 

We spend our weekend in Sister Bay. We hiked, swam, enjoyed all sorts of sports action, and snoozed; Brian biked and I cooked. We all enjoyed the free entertainment that is a 13-month-old (little miss has some dancing skills).













I’ve really come to love Door County. It is a place of many HQ firsts and special memories, and it’s surely a place where we can share so much of what we love - yay, nature - with the person we love the most! 

I’m going to be riding the high of this three day weekend for a while...like until our next long weekend when we will share another place we love with our little one :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone