PSP

Fall means an onslaught of acronyms: RRG, DLSP, PSL....okay, so really, for most it only means Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but in the Runnells household, fall has always meant trips to the Red River Gorge, KY and Devil's Lake State Park.



Recently, however, we've been acquainting ourselves with another treasure, Peninsula State Park.  In what turned out to be a lucky coincidence, my parents' annual trip to Door County aligned perfectly with my initial Academic Decathlon Coaches' Workshop, held in Green Bay.  So, this weekend we enjoyed our first time camping at Peninsula and HQ experienced her first camping trip ever!  When I departed Thursday, I took some of my parents' supplies, and they brought my husband and my tiny human when they headed up Friday - we convened at the park and spent Friday evening though Sunday afternoon enjoying some perfectly wonderful fall weather.

Adding to the list of firsts this,  HQ came down with a bug early last week and was not her typical self.  We contemplated cancelling the whole excursion and I was prepared to bail on my conference, too, but our little lady seemed to be on the mend when Thursday evening rolled around, so she and her daddy had their first overnight together while I enjoyed cable TV (Forensic Files, whooo!) and a long-overdue workout. 




I was excessive in my requests for updates during my absence and was beyond pleased to find my little lady laughing and playing like her typical self when the Unti - Runnells crew met at Peninsula State Park Friday afternoon. 



HQ found camp setup to be quite entertaining, but it was second to the fascination that counting, and crunching (...and sometimes attempting to eat) leaves brought.  Her weekend was jam-packed with all sorts of tiny human fun: time with her uncle, breakfasts with Nonno, giggles and snuggles with Grandma JoJo, walks in the woods, puppies and people to "ooh" at, pumpkins, and a chance to test out her French alpaca sweater.

Fall has always been my favorite time of year, and last fall was magnificent as we were able to take our very little tiny human on all sorts of adventures.  We're continuing that tradition (albeit with a bit less flexibility -- ugh, work), and I'm loving it!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone