Fun Family Weekend

Sadly, summer is coming to a close.  I was back to work this week, and next week officially marks the start of another school year, my twelfth as a high school English teacher (gosh, I'm getting old!). With that in mind, I did my best to squeeze all the good vibes I could out of Summer 2018...


Friday, Brian and I headed to MadTown with our cousins, Mike and Christina, to party like we were undergrads (you know, the kind who are super responsible and up by 6:30am).  We all joked that kickoff was basically our bedtime - 8pm comes quickly when you're up by 5am - but we hung in there and even managed to Jump Around (well, three of the four of us!). 


If you're going to wear Star Wars stuff, at least make it WI Star Wars stuff?!!? 

Badger buddies! 

Despite talk of sleeping in (like until noon!!), we were up early and off to the gym before we wend about adulting for the day - groceries don't buy themselves....Then, hoping she'd be down for an afternoon of watching us nap, BR and I retrieved our tiny human and did our best to make it till 8pm.  She wasn't interested in the 'let's sit really still and quiet' game, but HQ is beyond sweet, so we worked on all her newest skills until it was bedtime, and then we, too, called it a day. 

We spent Sunday doing some of our favorite things: we went climbing; we stumbled our way through trying to make big life decisions; we spent time with my parents, who were helping HQ work on her standing, walking, and ball rolling skills; and we picnicked with over 100 Runnells family members at the Family Reunion.
Grandpa and most of his grandkids

Though it is nearly time to trade in uninterrupted days with my tiny human for early mornings with a pack of teens, I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for the past few months.  We saw and did so many wonderful things.  I am blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone