I Love Colorado

July was an action-packed month for the Runnells trio.  We closed it out with a long anticipated trip to one of our favorite places, our western home, Boulder, and, we brought my parents along, which made me especially happy (HQ was quite pleased, too). 

We tried to fit in as many quintessentially Boulder/Colorado activities as possible, so we got right to work when we arrived Thursday. We started things off with a trip to REI (our tiny human’s new backpack is both AR and BR approved!). We trekked around Wonderland Lake, and we drove up Flagstaff on our outing to Green Mountain.  We had burgers at the Dark Horse (and HQ discovered a love of pickles).  Brian and I hung out with Tedeschi Trucks Band (and a lot of people feeling might high in the mile high state) at perhaps the best concert venue ever, Red Rocks. We perused the farmers market in Vail Village; we we even dodged raindrops and an afternoon hailstorm, and we sat in I-70 traffic for a painfully long time on our drive home. And, best of all, we played in The Park. We managed to snag a parking spot and a comfy spot for our shuttle ride up to Bear Lake, where we explored a few trails, and where Brian and I reminisced about bouldering outings in the park on our way down the fire trail (it's never too soon to get the tiny human thinking about climbing).  We had a picnic at Sprague Lake, and we...well, I.... indulged in a chai shake at Kind Coffee.  Ahhh, I love Colorado!    

I could not have asked for a better, more enjoyable time save the little stomach bug that worked its way through our crew and the rigamarole that went along with leaving my wallet in the rental car on our journey home. And I cannot thank my parents enough for the time they spent with HQ and us, and for entertaining our pack-it-all-in attitude! 


Off to Green Mountain


Daddy-daughter hiking time
Red Rocks



The Park

Family photo-op at Bear Lake



Sprague Lake

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone