Oh What a Week...and Weekend!

It was Teacher Appreciation Week last week, and while the day-to-day operations in F003 did not change, my lunch habits did - yogurt bar, popcorn bar, and sundae bar, oh my. I genuinely love teaching, and I have for the 11 years I’ve been pouring my heart and soul into spreading the literature love, but this year was extra special thanks to some of the most generous words I could ever have received. I was described by different students as both “soft spoken yet bold” and as a “fem icon” and a number of my kids contributed kind words and gratitudes to a thank-you document our principal orchestrated. My heart swells with pride, and I’m still blushing a little.

And that great week I drew from my students’ kind words rolled right into an amazing weekend, my first official Mother’s Day with sweet HQ on the outside. We spent a perfectly beautiful weekend in Door County. 

While she’s mastered many modes of transportation, this was our first official family road trip. Our necessary stop - turns out a tiny human is the only reason BR would consider justifiable for stops - was at a park in Sturgeon Bay, where we met my parents, who also had planned a Door County getaway. There was time for snacks and merry-go-rounds, and then we sent BR off on his bike and made our way to Ephraim. Our party of five reconvened for dinner, where, aside from a tasty meal, we all admired HQ’s new additions, some chompers - little lady has two teeth making an appearance. 

The next morning, after plenty of snuggles and gift exchanges (I’m taking Mom to Texas to see Magnolia Farms and to see Matthew; I got AirPods and a beautiful necklace - real tears were shed), we went to breakfast and then headed for Peninsula State Park, where my brother surprised my mom; our group, now six strong, spend the early afternoon hiking.   

I’ve always enjoyed time with my family, and I love when we can all be together. And in these past eight months, I’ve quickly come to realize and accept I’m nothing short of obsessed with my own tiny family. What a perfect weekend blending it all together! 


our view

Harper's fingerprint 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone