Holidays and Happy Hearts

Every weekend should be a three-day weekend! 

Our little family packed a lot int our extra time together, which was just what I needed - a glimpse of what's to come -  to get through the last stretch of school days when everyone is counting the minutes until summer.

We started the long weekend with takeout and a 'dinner party' with my parents - nothing says wild Friday night like tacos and Stage 20 of the Gira d'Italia.  Also...guacamole! Saturday included a trip to my parents' house while BR hit the bike trails, and then a meet-up at his parents' house for a Runnells family gathering (good thing I arrived with provisions - his real people clothes - before too many guests arrived). HQ was a big fan of the toys her cousin Addie shared with her and of Great-Grandpa's beard.



The next day was our typical gym day, so we headed to Milwaukee to get some climbing in before a climbing crew party.  When Dawn and Chris host a gathering at 'the prop', we know we are going to have a blast and an amazing feast.  Both were certainly true! Also...more guacamole! My parents were on HQ duty (Thanks, guys. You're the best!), so I willfully joined in what was aptly - and lovingly, I'm sure - named The Battle of the Lightweights.  I don't know who is the undisputed champion of said title, but I remained upright after my drink and a few sips of the famous - at least in our group - Lancrita (Lance Armstrong may no longer be at Tour de France winner, but he sure does win when it comes to finding uses for our favorite mineral water, Topo Chico), so I am calling it a victory.



Monday morning was recovery day for part of the household, the tiniest part of it.  While Brain joined a good portion of the gym crew for a bike ride and I took care of a few of my favorite things (vacuuming and organizing), HQ decided to take advantage of a no-alarm Monday and slept in an extra hour. Our afternoon involved a trek back to Muktown to see Grandma and Nonno and then to Brian's parents' for a Moe family gathering.  And though HQ wasn't a big fan of her auntie's dogs, she was a big fan of extra time with her auntie, new reading material her grandma bought her (we learned that baby rabbits are called kittens), and of her cousins.



And what better way to follow up a long weekend than with a date night?!  We reminisced about our Spring Break BeNeLux trip last year via Cafe Benelux and then headed to the Riverside Theatre for an evening with our favorites, Tedeschi Trucks Band, where we sat front and center - literally! Nice surprise, BR, very nice surprise. If not for the weird behaviors of the people next to us, it was practically our own private show. It was totally worth the sleep deprivation I only somewhat successfully conquered Wednesday (tell me why I thought getting up to go to the gym was a wise idea?!). 
front row fun

TTB 



All the best these past several days, ahhh, all the very best! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone