Milestones

This weekend was a milestone for the tiny human AND the momma. It was HQ’s first sleepover. I managed to make it a full 24 hours without tears, and HQ, well, she managed her time like any other, with lots of smiles and giggles. 

So what did we do sans baby? All the things that are just a tiny bit trickier - or impossible - with the peanut in tow and a few things we’re sure she would be bummed about missing were it not for the fact the she was with her Nonno and Grandma JoJo, who may well pass me up as her favorite person. 

We went to the gym and the bike shop; we had tacos and guacamole (and I didn’t have to worry about spilling avocado or salsa on anyone - it’s a hazard of having a little person who likes snuggles); I had an adult beverage - actually about a quarter of one - for the first time in well over a year; we watched a movie; we slept...yes, despite my certainty that I would hop into the car and drive to my parents’ in the middle of the night to snuggle with sweet HQ, I slept a solid six+ hours (Hallelujah) - the margarita buzz helped, I am certain. 

Sunday was a gym morning, and though I climbed while pregnant and though we bring her to the gym now, climbing without the little lady meant no breaks for entertaining, nursing, etc., and thus I was beyond worked by the end of our session and in need of one final treat, fro yo (with no need to keep baby hands out of the dish). 

Though I missed our little one something fierce, it was awesome to have some BR-AJ time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone