Starting August Right

I headed to the Fox Valley on Wednesday evening for a literacy conference, and while it meant I was one step closer to the end of summer (August, why must you always come so quickly?!),   I got to English teacher nerd-out for two full days.  And if that wasn't enough, I also got to spend a few, brief moments with my bestie.  Imagine my surprise - and excitement - when I saw Katie in the hotel lobby and then got to steal quick conversations with her during caffeination breaks.  Next conference, we'll have to road trip together in order to have the whole drive home to talk about how great our hero, Kelly Gallagher is!


Post-conference, Brian and I headed to Appleton to attend my cousin Dane's wedding.  Even though it had only been a few months since the Unti family got together, it felt as if it had been ages, so our family Friday evening was fantastic.  And everyone - yes, every one of us - was there!  We probably should have gotten a picture of the whole crew, but that would have interrupted the drinking, dancing, laughing, and storytelling that filled our evening.  My cousin was in my wedding 100 years ago, and it was especially touching to be present for his - and to see my handsome brother all dressed up.  The ceremony was really sweet, the cupcakes were delicious, there was plenty of room to Cupid Shuffle, and the Old Fashioned fountain flowed freely all night long.  What more could one ask for at a wedding?!

After recovering from a night of dancing, Brian and I joined my parents for a lap around High Cliff State Park Saturday morning.  None of us had been to the park before, but all of us enjoyed it and the exceptionally nice weather. Before heading back to Waukesha County, we met my brother for lunch, which gave me a bit more time to check in on him and offer unsolicited life advice (ever the overbearing....err...protective big sis), which was hard to do between the drinks and dancing the night before.  



What a fantastic weekend with family and influential English teachers!!




my brother is the cutest! 

Family photo




me and my Bs


We've been a trio since forever




Family!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone