School's Out for Summer - Round 10!!

Somehow, another school year has come and gone.  And in those 180+ days that made up the now-finalized 2016-17 school year, I managed to keep my sanity intact and my passion for education and innovation alive - because keeping it the same ol' is boring.  And I believe I may have also managed to teach my students a thing or two.  There may be comma splices in their futures still, but I think, together, we learned enough about life and learning (I think...I hope...) to call this year a successful one!


As I look back on what was a wonderful year and look ahead to the 2017-18 school year, a year that will bring more changes than any other before it, I am excited for all that will come my way!  And I do believe I finally feel like I know what the heck I'm doing. Education is hard work, and it's scary work sometimes; yet it's some of the most important work a person can do!  To think that I just wrapped up 10 years of teaching and learning is both unbelievable and encouraging -- I can do it!  There have been plenty of times along this journey where I wondered if I was good enough for my students or right for the school, the class, or the profession itself.  And while I still have those moments from time to time, more of my days are filled with inspiration and laughter, lots of laughter (teenagers, man!). Education has changed my life.  I have learned so much about the world, about people, about learning; I have met some of my best friends; I have seen young people find their strengths, find hope, and find inspiration. I have been profoundly impacted by people I would never otherwise have known.  A profession that gives and shows that much surely is a worthy one!  


So after 1,800+ days and nearly 1,9000 students, it's safe to say that I'm just getting started!  And....I do believe I've earned at least a few days - or weeks - off before it's time to jump into building a 2017-18 English classroom I can be proud to call Runnells' room! 




First I was a Red Devil

And then I was a Hawk

And now I am a Wolverine (Go, Eugene!) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone