Fun Friday Nights and Family Time

Last weekend, I somehow managed to stay up well past my bedtime on more than one occasion.  Friday night's concert at the Pabst was occasion enough to see the other side of 11pm.  Being in the second row certainly helped, too.  It felt an awful lot like a private show -- if you ignored the weird cat-calling/painful howling that came from somewhere in the lower balcony -- and was amazing from start to finish.

It seems that this has become the year of music in our household: between at-home concerts courtesy of Brian and mostly out-of-town trips to see the likes of Tedeschi Trucks Band,  Of Monsters and Men, John Mayer, and now David Gray, there has no shortage of good music in our lives, and Friday's show made me all the more excited for our summer trip to Red Rocks (we have tickets for two evenings with TTB thanks to an 'accidental' purchase, or so Brian says).  I was so inspired, in fact, that I attempted to play a few chords on the guitar - that lasted all of 12 seconds, though, as my child-sized hands didn't quite do what they were supposed to or reach the right places - there goes my second career...



On Saturday, Brian and I headed to Delavan to visit with my dad's family.  Most of his cousins from his mom's side of the family, many of whom I have not seen for a very, very long time (or ever??), were in town, and so too were all of my Unti aunts and uncles.  It was a really great time to catch up with everyone and to see a few of my own cousins, too.  As is the case any time I get to spend time with my dad's family, I heard my fair share of stories, some of which make me wonder how my uncles ever survived their teenage years (or moreover, why my grandparents kept them around!).  I am beyond blessed to have such a great family and to be so close to so many of my cousins, and it was clear that the value I find in those connections is something I have learned from my own parents' relationships with their siblings and cousins.  I had all sorts of warm feels Saturday - I'm blessed!




Somehow Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner, which means we will be spending more time with both friends and family, and I cannot wait.  Also, there will only be eight
days of school after Memorial Day, so that's a pretty good thing :) I'm looking forward to summer - more time for more guitar lessons - hah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone