'Rock State, Acadec'

Last Thursday and Friday marked my fourth year of taking West's Academic Decathlon team to the State Competition.  Each year I am a little less concerned about driving the giant school vans and a little more sure of this whole coaching thing.

We didn't lose anyone; I didn't lose my mind; the kids all earned multiple medals; and they rocked the Super Quiz event! I'm immensely proud of this year's team - while we will not be traveling to Anchorage, Alaska for the National Competition, we did place first in Division II and second overall; that means the kiddos qualified to compete in the online National Competition.  Considering one of our veteran team members up and quit mere weeks before State and considering we have some young guns on the team, West Acadec were rockstars.

I'm one happy Mama Runnells!







The Honors trio

The Scholastic trio

The Varsity duo

Yep, what Cam's face expresses! 

Division II Champs (Second Place overall)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone