Happy Birthday to MY Little Brother!

On this day in 1984 I relinquished my relatively short-lived title of Only Child, and aside from the infrequent (yes, I'm being facetious) jest of the merits of having remained one, I haven't looked back.  

I cannot pinpoint the exact moment when I recognized the privilege that having a sibling is, but I have never forgotten it.  My brother was my very first friend and he remains the closest and best friend I'll ever have, and I have some really great friends.  My brother knows me better than any other person; he knows how to push my buttons, how to make me laugh, how to convince me to do things I'm afraid of, and he never lets me forget a poor choice, a good story, or a moment when I got him in trouble.  

Having a sibling truly is having a friend who never has to go home. There was always someone to play school with, someone to have my back and cover for me, someone to be right in the mix with me.  And even as we grow older and life takes us different places - like him living a million miles away in the north woods - one thing will never, ever change, my love for my brother! He remains the one person who I will do anything for, the one person who will forever take precedence above all else.  He made me person I am today, and on his birthday, I have to thank him for that! I love you more than you'll ever know, B!  Thanks for sticking by me even after I accidentally bumped your forehead ever so gently with that baseball bat (oh, and after that one time when I may have attempted to sell you at a rummage sale).  


our first day as siblings 

Happy birthday, bud!  Have a fantastic day!  I cannot wait to celebrate with you very soon :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone