24 More Hours

Each school year it seems that the work I am expected to do becomes more and more cumbersome.  With that comes lots of stress because, well, I really care about what I do.   To maintain some semblance of sanity, I began setting goals for myself, things I needed to be reminded of in order to preserve my own well - being as the year progresses. I've set goals for the number of hours I allow myself to work each evening, the time I'd spend working on any weekend day, the frequency I would check work emails, you name it.  This summer, I decided I should do some goal setting, too.  It was this: I was going to read -- and read a lot.  Any amount of time I spent on school work would be matched - or exceeded - by time devoted to reading books I wanted to read.

I began compiling my list over Memorial Day weekend.  Some of the titles came from my classroom library and some came from colleagues and friends. By the time summer officially comes to a close tomorrow evening, I will have read 19 books (I'm finishing Amy Poehler's Yes Please).  Personal favorites included Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Sharp Objects, Flowers for Algernon, Ishmael, and Yes Please.  Truthfully, there wasn't a book on the list that I disliked.   I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself when I cannot read what I want when I want.


My Summer Reading List


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone