The Northwoods

I understand it's absolutely illogical for me to think or say this, but when my brother told us he was moving to Eagle River, my first response was "that's too far."  Yes, this is coming from the person who has grand visions of moving out of the state and even out of the country, and yes, this is coming from the person who spends any time she has vacation away from home...but still.  I liked knowing my brother was near enough for a quick trip to check in.

While I still don't like the thought of having to plan for a visit with my brother, I love knowing he's somewhere that is just right for him; the hunter/fisher/outdoorsman belongs in the 'northwoods' of Wisconsin, and I got to visit my brother and his new home last weekend.  It was great to spend time with him and to see my grandparents.  If I weren't busy not being home myself, I'd make it a weekend habit to head north to see them all.  Instead, I'll cherish the time I do get to visit and I'll keep looking for someone with a plane I can charter...


photo credit: Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone