Rollie Run 5K

Some time ago, our cousin Shannon brought up the Rollie Run 5K at Miller Park.  We all thought it was a fabulous idea to wear our best Brewers blue and yellow, tie on our running shoes, and stick on our mustaches.  I immediately relayed the info to my cousin Jenna with the hopes of continuing our run-buddy tradition.  Unfortunately Jenna had to work, but my sister-in-law was up to running and even had a team set for the event; eventually, I decided as much as I didn't want to run without my run buddy, I couldn't pass up the fun (and the training for next weekend's BIG running event in Colorado). 

My race goodies 
                                              

All set (except for the mustache)
                                              

As I watched the forecast evolve throughout the past week, I began to worry that we would have a soggy trek around Miller Park, but we were greeted with plenty of sunshine on Saturday morning.  Before we lined to start the run, we also met up with Cory and Jessie and snapped a Runnells family photo.  At the start line I was already warm - the blue and yellow sweatbands on my head an wrist certainly didn't help, and by the time the run was over, I was extremely warm and ready for my post-race treats, a Miller Lite. Another post-race treat was the chance to meet up with a few other Runnells family members, Mike and Christina, who I had no idea would even be at the run.  


The Runnells Crew
Becky, Cory, baby Addie, Jessie, and Me
                                       

Mindi's Minions 
                                       
After everyone in the group finished the race and had a chance to drink the beer they earned, I got to join in one of Becky and her friends' traditions, a pancake breakfast.  From there, we were of to Shannon's to help her with her move.  By the time late Saturday afternoon rolled around, I was exhausted, so I'd say the Rollie Run 5K was a success! 






Sisters with matching staches 


Cheers! 

We're done!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone