Cleaning Out My Closet

The past few days were stressful ones.  After all, it's not every day I get to play mom to 13 kids.   After getting my Division 1 champs safely home Friday night, I definitely needed to decompress.  I didn't have time for that, though, as I had get back to the OC, unpack, and try to squeeze in a few hours of sleep before my 7am wakeup call for the Irish Jig Jog (more on that in a later post). The way I cope with stress is two-fold.  I work out and I clean.  While the Jig Jog took care of the former, I knew I needed a bit more.  I decided to tap into my love of cleaning and organizing to bring me back to center before the work week begins.

Thus, I took to clearing out some unused items from my closet.  While I was at it, I got to thinking about a better way to organize my scarves.  I thought about buying a towel rack to hang on my door, but I saw some drawbacks to that.  While I was pondering what to do, I came across a shoe rack I had purchased for our Boulder condo.  That was it!! I washed it (not that it was dirty; this is me we are talking about), laid out my scarves, folded them, and stuffed them into the shoe slots.  I'm liking how clean everything looks, and it turns out that I have room for a few more scarves, which is one of my go-to fashion items, so I see some shopping in my near future.

nice and tidy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone