Unexpected Monday

It is certainly true that sometimes unexpected or unplanned events can make a person's day. Monday, for example, I made what I thought would be a very brief stop at my aunt and uncle's house to drop off a book.  I wasn't sure anyone would be home, but I thought I would swing by and see.  

Instead of running in and out, I got to spend a bit of time catching with the both my Auntie Bunna and my Uncle Ed.  After he was done with his chores and between practicing his hurdling (he's definitely got a future in track!) I also was able to spend some time talking with my cousin Dylan. We got to talk about all of the comings and goings in my cousins' lives, and we talked about my upcoming travel plans, school, and everything in between. I was reminded how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family, and at a time when I am very stressed and busy, taking a moment to slow down and enjoy time with loved ones reminded me of what life really is all about.  And to add to that, I got to talk to Dylan about one of my favorite books, The Hobbit, and today turned out to be much better than I expected it would be when I woke up this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone