Just over a week ago now, Brian and I headed to Kentucky for Memorial Day weekend. We left Friday after I was done with work, which meant we hit a little bit of traffic on the way down, down, but when we woke up Saturday morning, we realized it was so worth it. The weather was gorgeous, especially for this time of year, anywhere able to avoid much of the crowd that descends upon the Red River Gorge on Memorial Day weekend. We climbed both Saturday and Sunday, and spent evenings on the deck roasting marshmallows, drinking wine and bourbon, and enjoying the great company. While I certainly wasn't ready to leave, Monday's drive home was quite pleasant, which helped; there was almost no traffic to speak of, so we were home by late afternoon.

Not so long ago, I would have laughed at the idea of driving seven hours south, to Kentucky of all  places, to spend the weekend outside doing things like hiking and climbing, but quite obviously it is become a major component of my life, something I truly enjoy and cannot imagine not doing. And I have  my husband to thank for that.




Photo: Sunday fun day in the Red!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone