Lac du Flambeau Vacay

It's been some time now since I spent seven glorious days up north at Brian's parent's house in Lac du Flambea, and I still wish I could rewind time and do it all over again.  Typically we only visit for long weekends, but seeing as how Brian wasn't up to a normal summer trip, we decided to prolong our up north visit and turn it into our vacation.  Seeing as how I will never be able to adequately detail all of our fun, let me give you this:

Seven Words for Seven Glorious Days in the North Woods, WI

1. Sun
Mike, me, Brian, Christina and Becky at Christina's lake

2. Party Boat
out for a sunset swim and a cruise

Bri getting wild on the party cruise 

 3. Swimming
We (and I really mean I) prefer jumping off the boat as our swim method
if you look carefully, you can see where Bri bent the boat when he jumped off it 


4. Family - at one point, there were nine of us sharing two bedrooms and one bathroom.  
Visits from family brought us well into double digits 
cuddling up before we head to the fire

family boat ride

5. Food and Drinks - lots of grilling, breakfast feasts, wine, margaritas, beer and blue bombsicles
Grandpa hard at work and using all burners

one of Bri's 'treats'

corn on the cob

6. Fishing - I got off to an early lead, and Brian stood little chance of catching me!
one of Beep's catches 

one of Uncle Mike's catches

one of my catches - notice how ginormous he is
 (thank  you, wacky worm)

7. Firsts - ribs, saws, The Corner Store and Loon Days

I don't do meat on the bone or meat covered in sauce, so this was entirely foreign to me

cutting stuff 
Corner Store :)
 

Well, summer is coming to a close, and looking back on all this fun makes me eager for our next family fun time up north.  Until next time, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone