Happy Birthday, Lainey!

 Some people come into our lives by chance; and sometimes it turns out that those individuals have the greatest impact.  For me, that happened approximately 29 years ago.  That was when I was introduced to the Jarvis family - Cliff, Maureen, Lynn, Elaine and Anita.  Over the years, their family has grown and each new family member - Jay, Sam, Rachael, Chad and Chelsea - became a member of my own extended family.  I love all of them dearly and cannot imagine life without them.  

Today, however, I want to take the time to celebrate one specific Jarvis, the birthday girl herself, Elaine! 

As I worked my way through the enormous collection of photos, it wasn't hard to find ones of Elaine.  She has been such a fundamental part of my life and has been with me for all of my most significant moments, much like a big sister or a very best friend.  When I was little, Lainey would take me shopping for my first-day-of-school outfits and I would spend countless days and evenings at her house and with the family.  When I got older, Lainey was there to support me through transitions in life, like starting college or beginning my career.  And when it came to the most important day of all, my wedding day, Lainey was certainly there with me.  She helped plan every detail of the day and even sang for us - her amazing spirit matches her beautiful voice, and I am so grateful that she shared her gift with us on our wedding day.  

I count you, Elaine, as one of the very great blessings in my life and I cannot begin to thank you enough for all you have done for me over the years.  I've always admired you, your dedication to your loved ones and the love you put out into the world.  So today, Lainey, I wish you the most wonderful birthday.  May all of your birthday wishes come true! Love you!! 




Enjoying a Badger game with me 

Mom, me and Elaine - if only there were words to describe this bond
on my wedding day - me and my wedding planner

The Jarvis ladies helping out with wedding prep work 

Brian, Anita, Maureen, me and Elaine (where was Lynn??) dancing  to a favorite childhood song

a little surprise for me on my wedding day - Elaine prepared for the bouquet  toss

the life of the party 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone