I Heart the Weekends

I really do love the weekends, especially when, like the past few weekends, they are as much fun and involve so much time with friends - - -

Last Saturday, Brian and I had a nice little adventure.  We drove to Trader Joe's to stock up on all sorts of healthy goodies.  As is the tradition, so to speak, we stopped for coffee before we took on the task of navigating the aisles of a very crowded TJ's.  Seeing as how we were already in the area, I...err...we decided to stop at Erehwon.  I love that store just about as much as I love REI, and I always find something to add to my wish-list when I am there.  This visit, I purchased a new bag, one I have been eyeing up for some time.  Brian was extremely excited to do some shopping with me, I could tell.  His excitement did increase, however, when he was able to find himself a brightly colored Klean Kanteen that he can take to work with him each day.  What can I say, we each have our own likes...

With my new purchase in hand, Brian and I headed to Pewaukee to do some climbing.  We were pleasantly surprised to find our friends Craig and Sarah were there.  We haven't had a chance to climb with them in a while, so it was good to see them.  They also happen to have three very entertaining kiddos, who were at the gym, and this certainly added to the fun of the evening.  Craig invited us to continue in all the fun and join him and his family at our friends', the Nimmers, house.  We picked up take-out dinner from Moe's, a place Brian and I like to eat at when we lived in Pewaukee, caught up on the comings and goings of everyone's lives and played a few very fun games.  I laughed so hard that I cried, and I wasn't the only one who was wiping away tears by the time the night and all of our games were over.  The girls, Chloe and Cassie, also decided to decorate Melissa's and my hair using some of the game pieces (pick up sticks).  Pretty fantastic, right?!


Cassie, Melissa, me and Chloe - check out the girls' outfits and our hair

Yesterday, we drove up to Madison to visit with our friend Matt, who also happens to be Brian's college roommate.  It has been far too long since we have seen Matt, and it was really nice to catch up with him.  We went to lunch at the Old Fashioned and got to take in a few of the Madison Winter Fest activities - well, really, we watched about three people taking part in a cross-country ski race and watched some kids try to do snowboard tricks on a mini-ramp.  After that, we stopped off for coffee to warm up and calm down from all of the Winter Fest excitement; then we headed back home and made a stop off at our climbing gym to do a bit of climbing and meet up with some friends.   Craig, Sarah, the kids, and our friends Kevin and Jess were all at the gym, just like last weekend.


It was nice to see a good friend, get in a good climbing workout and spend a bit of time outside yesterday.  Much like the rest of the world, I wish every day could be a weekend day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone