I Swear I Am Still Alive...

I realize it has been a while since I posted, but it sure isn't the result of a lack of things to chat about. It has much more to do with the serious lack of time I have - and here I thought I would be rolling in free time after grad school.

Anyhow, it is exam week for my kiddos, which means I have been spending my time writing reviews, creating review tools, writing exams and grading. You are envious of all my fun, ha?! I've given three exams so far and will wrap up exams tomorrow. Most everything is graded, so I am hopeful my entire weekend won't be consumed with essays and exams. Besides, the annual Q on the D competition at our climbing gym is this weekend, and I am a volunteer, so I have to set aside some time to hang with my gym peeps. Then I have to prepare for a new group of student.

Of my four classes, two are only a semester long, so I will be parting ways with 55 students and gaining 66 (for now...there is always the potential that more kids will be added). I am really going to miss the kiddos I am saying goodbye to. They, all of them (and I sincerely mean it) are great kids! They have touched my life and heart and I know I am better for having worked with them. I love what I do...and I love the kids I get to work along side of.

My second period gave me the perfect send off. I always end class with the same line. I tell the kids, "Be good people. Make good choices." Today, after I got through thanking them for their hard work and delivered the first line of my little daily blurb, the whole class, in unison, yelled, "Make good choices." It was the perfect way to end our time together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone