Light the Night

On Thursday evening, I joined Brian's parents, Becky, cousin Lori and Auntie Karen to walk in the 17th Annual Light the Night event for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  It was the first time that I had participated in the event, which took place on the lakefront (a place I love to visit), so I was excited to see how it would all work out.

We met at Becky's house, which gave me a chance to love on Rosie, my fur niece.  Then we headed to Veteran's Park.  Before walking, we had a chance to gear up with light-up items, acquire our light-up balloons and enjoy dinner courtesy of Cousin's Subs.  The walk was just under two miles, and since  it was pretty chilly Thursday evening, we were doing our best to keep a good pace.  After the walk, we enjoyed a firework show before rushing to the car and blasting the heat.

Auntie Karen and Brian 

It was really nice to be able to walk in honor of Auntie Karen and in memory of Grandpa Moe.  Coming together for a good cause is always a good feeling and a worthwhile activity, and it was made even better by doing it with family.

Start Line
Making our way to the start line with our balloons 


fireworks 


On a different note, I was getting out of the car at Becky's house and spotted this.  I had to be a creeper and take a picture...

Look what I found outside of my sister-in-law's house! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone