Summer Reading

One of the aspects of summer I really enjoy is the time I have for 'for-fun' reading.  During the school year, I'm typically reading what my students are reading, so when summer rolls around, I get to read all the books I've been hearing about all year long.

This summer, I've read a few really good books, so I thought I would share my reading list with you.


  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    • the story of a writer seeking to find herself and share the experiences of African American maids, help, in 1960s Mississippi 
  • The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
    • the memoir of Jeannette Walls' experience growing up in poverty 
  • Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario
    • the story of Enrique and his journey to find his mother in America
  • Incendiary by Chris Cleave
    • the story of a woman who loses her husband and son in a terrorist attack in London


I enjoyed each book, but I especially liked The Help and Incendiary.  I read Chris Cleave's other novel, Little Bee, last summer and I recommend that as well.

Though summer is rapidly drawing to a close, I think I can squeeze in another read or two, so I'm open to book suggestions (a few books on the list were friend suggestions - thanks Kim and Meg!).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone