This summer, I've read a few really good books, so I thought I would share my reading list with you.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- the story of a writer seeking to find herself and share the experiences of African American maids, help, in 1960s Mississippi
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- the memoir of Jeannette Walls' experience growing up in poverty
- Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario
- the story of Enrique and his journey to find his mother in America
- Incendiary by Chris Cleave
- the story of a woman who loses her husband and son in a terrorist attack in London
I enjoyed each book, but I especially liked The Help and Incendiary. I read Chris Cleave's other novel, Little Bee, last summer and I recommend that as well.
Though summer is rapidly drawing to a close, I think I can squeeze in another read or two, so I'm open to book suggestions (a few books on the list were friend suggestions - thanks Kim and Meg!).