The North Woods

Last weekend, Brian and I spent some time in the fabulous North Woods of Wisconsin.  Saturday was a surprise 80th birthday party for my grandpa, so we decided to drive north Friday evening and make a weekend of it.  We left after work on Friday and managed to miss most of the weekend traffic.  By 10pm, we were in Lac du Flambeau, WI, where Brian's parents have a lake home. While I am never happy to sit in one place for a long time (car rides make me antsy...or sleepy), I was happy we drove up Friday.  Saturday was gorgeous; it was sunny and warm, and Brian and I spent some time outside and on the lake before we drove to Eagle Rive for the surprise party.

Nearly the entire family made it to Eagle River (five of my grandpa's six children and 10 of his 14 grandchildren were there).  My grandparents have called Eagle River 'home' for a number of years and have quite a few friends there; most of their friends were also able to make the party, so it was really nice that my grandma suggested we hold the party at the VFW, where my grandpa, the commander, is very well-known. After the party, the cousins got together for a pool party at the hotel.  Sunday, before everyone headed home, we met at my grandparents' house.
I especially enjoy times like this; when we are all together, it is so easy to see just how lucky I am to have a family like I do. 


The surprise!

Uncle Tom giving his speech 

My dad and my Uncle Tom (better known as "Uncle Love")
Almost the entire Unti Family

My branch of the Unti family tree
The Unti (and Harris) boys - watch out ladies
my little 'bro' Erik, my bro Brian, Aaron, Josh and Jake in the background

me and my cousin Darrina, who I adore

The Unti boys --watch out world!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone