Monday

Today was a little different from previous days in that we had absolutely no timetable to follow.  I realized that for a girl who loves to sleep in, I really don't like waiting around.  I got very antsy to get out and do something by about 9:30am.  Eventually, my sleepy sibling got a move on and the family - Mom, Dad, Grandma, Brother, hubbers and I - all headed to Colorado State University.  While it did seem somewhat sacrilegious, I did leave with a CSU T-shirt.  Everyone can rest assured that this does not mean that any of my Bucky Badger love has diminished, nor does it mean that I find any school an adequate comparison to my beloved alma mater; the shirt was simply a souvenir. 

After walking around campus a bit, we went to lunch and then visited with family at my cousin's house.  Later in the afternoon, my aunt and uncle joined our group and we all went to Horsetooth Reservoir and did some hiking.  Brian and I also did some climbing.  I was able to do some fun, easy problems and I even climbed a more challenging problem.  I was happy with my accomplishments and even more excited to find that the family had stuck around while we got our climbing fix; Brian headed out to meet up with some friends and I went to dinner at this really fun restaurant called Cafe Mexicali.  The restaurant's specialty is the quesolle, which are tortillas with cheese and meat; they come with this amazing chipotle sour cream for dipping - yummy! 

After dinner, we went back to our hotel and I got to spend some time with my cousins Beth and Dylan.  I don't see them nearly as much as I used to, so it was so nice to have some time to talk to the both of them, especially Beth, who I love just like a sister.  

It was another great day in the Front Range, and I'm sure getting used to Colorado!


Fierce but no match for Bucky Badger!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone