Mother's Day

Today was a day devoted entirely to moms...and as one of my students said about Teacher Appreciation Week, one week/one day is not enough.  I know my mom deserves more than one day.  She's been just the best; she has taught me more than she realizes about life and about being a good person.  She has been encouraging and supportive, and I know I didn't always make it very easy for her to be so great.  What I admire most is that my mom understood the need for her kids to find their own way and to become their own people.  My mom encouraged us to be the people we wanted to be.



Mom and the kids

I really enjoyed spending the day with my mom today, as I don't see her nearly as much as I used to. We met my mom and dad for brunch, which was really tasty and relaxing.  We caught up on all that is going on with everyone, and after our meal we went to the Milwaukee County Zoo. It was a gorgeous day today, so walking around and getting some fresh air was a perfect way to spend the day.  Being at the zoo reminded me of being little and it brought out some good stories as well.

In the evening, we visited Brian's mom and enjoyed dinner with Grandma and Grandpa R.  We were able to squeeze in a lot of family time into one day, and I really love the chances to be around the people I adore so very much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone