Graduation

I've spent the past few years balancing work, a personal life and grad school.  There was plenty of work (thesis writing is tough) and just about as much stress throughout the whole process, but on Sunday, May 22nd, I got to celebrate my hard work when I put on my cap, gown and graduate's hood and walked across Carthage College's stage to accept my  Masters degree in Education.

I cannot believe that the whole process, aside from defending my thesis, is complete, and I cannot thank my very supportive husband enough.  There were many times where weekend plans had to give way to grad school work and plenty of evenings where he was on dinner duty so I could write papers.  Through it all, he remained supportive and was there to remind me that I could do whatever I set my mind to.  With the process nearing a close, I really am happy to have accomplished this academic success; it is something I have wanted to do since I was an undergrad.

Today, we hosted a party in order to celebrate with our families.  Thanks to everyone who came; it was great to see everyone, and your cards, gifts, kind words (many, many kind words!) and company were much appreciated.  I have to say that I just finished opening and reading cards and loved the message from cousin Daniel, which read, "You don't have to go to school.  I'm jealous of you!"  He's right...I am done with school for a while, and next time I go back, I'll get to be called Doctor when it's all done :)

with the parents 


Proud! 



three generations 


Two very important men in my life



Thanks for the support, Buddy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone