Fridays

Fridays have always been a great day.  After all, who doesn't love Friday?  It's the end of the work week and the start of the weekend.  In college, Fridays were especially great.  More often than not, Friday was a day of no classes.  We would go out Thursday night, sleep in Friday morning, get some work done during the afternoon, and be ready to head out again by dinnertime.  We rarely made it to bed Friday nights and found ourselves strolling in early Saturday morning instead.

Times have changed!  I usually wake up Friday morning excited for two reasons.  First, it is the final time I have to set an alarm for the week (usually).  Secondly, I can wear jeans to work on Fridays, which is especially exciting.  Theses days, there are plenty of Friday nights where I barely see the other side of 10:00, and I have to admit that there have been times where I've even missed 9:30.  Instead of going out on a regular basis, we do things like go to the gym for a long workout session or go to the grocery store. It's certainly not the exciting life I once had....nearly six years ago (UGH!), but it does have its perks.

And while trips to the grocery store do yield treasures like the one pictured below, I think I need more Friday nights like the one I had a few weeks ago with my friends Star and Katie.



That's a big bag of carrots -- the perfect size for  a pet donkey (hint, hint)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone