Spring Break

While many prefer warm beaches for their Spring Break destinations, Brian and I opted for something a little different and a lot more "us".  We spent Spring Break in Kentucky. We were there for about five days and were able to get in a good amount of climbing, two bourbon tours, time with our friends and some much needed Vitamin D.  

It was extremely relaxing to be in Kentucky.  Our friends were gracious enough to allow us the use of their magnificent cabin, so we were very comfy at night, especially those nights when it was a bit cool and rainy.  There were quite a few Wisconsinites in Kentucky, so we had lots of people to climb with. With all the climbing we did, a rest day was in order, and we convinced our friends, J.J. and David, to join us on some bourbon tours.  It was really hard to leave.  Other than totally enjoying the stress-free days, it was the first time since my surgery last August where I was able to do a lot of climbing.

I'd like to think of this trip as the start of my come-back tour...



Brian - hanging out and resting



a very fun climb

There were animal crackers climbing up the wall....

When I grow up, I want to be as strong as Rachel.  She is my climbing hero!

me belaying my 'son', Andrew

Bourbon touring




Brian is my other climbing hero 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone