My Weekends As An Activist

As a teacher, one thing I really try to impart in them is that they have choices and they have a voice.  When they use their voices in a positive manner, they can be heard and they can change their lives and the lives of others.

So, taking a page from my own play book, I decided to spend some time over the past few weekends making sure my voice was heard.  After work last Friday, a friend and I headed to Madison.  I've also spent the past two Saturdays there.  I've been with my husband, my cousin-in-law and two of our really good friends.  Though none of them are teachers themselves, they all know someone or some people who will be affected by the proposed bill.


I remain optimistic (I have to), and I am glad that I took the time to visit Madison and rally with other like-minded individuals.  Being a part of something so important is a powerful feeling!




There are many, many signs inside the capital





and many, many people inside the capital 




A legit question 



AGREED! 

The Ed Show - Friday, February 18th

Walking around the capital 

Saturday, February 27th 

Waiting to get inside the capital - about 1/5 of the total line

Thousands of people 

Rally! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone