Family is Forever



Whenever we would fight, my dad would remind my brother and me that we only have each other and that we needed to learn to appreciate one another.  And though, for a time, I thought life would be easier as an only child, deep down I knew my dad was right and I knew I needed to appreciate my brother.  The older I've gotten and the more my brother and I have grown, the more I realize how lucky I am to have my brother in my life, and I certainly cannot imagine my life without him.

We grew from bothering each other incessantly (okay, so maybe it was me forcing him to play school that caused the majority of our disagreements) to being really close and voluntarily spending time together.  We went from getting in trouble for bickering to getting in trouble together :)

The other day, while casually conversing via text, my brother mentioned that he knows I always have his back (he has a tattoo of my name to prove it).  I don't know if he understood how much that simple statement meant; I'm not sure I did until that moment.  To know that a person is willing to do whatever he can to look out for you and help you is a really great feeling.  I realize that not all siblings have that kind of relationship, and that makes me value my brother all the more.  My brother and I have been through a lot together, and I have to say that he is one of the greatest people I know.  He has a kind heart and he takes really great care of his big sis'.  


Love ya, Bri!

Keepin' the little bro in check before a Badger game



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone