Yosemite Valley, How We Love Thee

Brian and I have visited a number of places, and it is safe to say that Yosemite National Park (CA) is one of our favorites.  Our first visit was nearly four-and-a-half years ago when we honeymooned there.  Since that time, we have been back twice, and a third trip is certainly in our near future.  Each time we are there, we do something different, stay in a different area, and fall in love with YNP even more.  If it weren't for the bears and my fear of them eating my kittens, I think I would agree to move there.....hey, I could be a great park ranger or bus driver?!

Our love for Yosemite and our growing interest in art/photography were coupled recently.  Behold my beautiful Christmas present from my amazing husband!



The picture certainly does not aptly capture the beauty of the painting, since I had to take it while the painting was on the wall; I wasted no time, and the painting is already hanging above our fireplace.  I cannot get over how perfectly the frame matches the fireplace (excellent work, BR) or how privileged I feel to possess such a magnificent piece of artwork.  It is especially neat that the painting was done by a climber, so the many intricacies of the valley that we know and love are captured in the painting.

I know I will enjoy this gift for years to come.  I sense the start of a collection here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Runs Several Ks...and Writes About It

My Dad, OUR Hero

Milestone